The Social Studies Program of St. Edward School provides children with an opportunity to explore social, political, economic, geographic and historic facts of the past, which enables them to understand the present and prepare for the future.
It is a developmental program from Kindergarten through 8th Grade, which includes the facts and the thinking skills necessary to appreciate the dignity of all life. The program offers children the opportunity to incorporate elements of justice and peace into their Christian values. Students are evaluated through a variety of techniques including observations, tests, and problem-solving processes, group discussions, projects, activities, and homework.
At the end of eight years of study, the student will:
- Master skills of obtaining, using and presenting information.
- Be able to make decisions and judgments using standards such as cultural and social justice, Christian morality and ethics.
- Expand his or her basic learning skills to provide the foundation for future learning experiences.
- Understand what citizenship involves in his or her school, state, and nation.
- Learn empathy – the ability to understand others through being able to identify in one’s self-responses similar to the experiences, behaviors and responses of others.
Cultural ~ Economic ~ Social ~ Geographic ~ Political ~ Historic