August 19, 2014
Dear St. Edward the Confessor School Parents and Students,
Welcome back! What a blessing it is to begin the 2014/2015 school year! The administration,faculty, and staff are excited to return and be of service to you and your children. It is going to be an awesome year! I hope that all of you have had a safe and restful summer vacation and that you are looking forward to the upcoming school year as much as we are. School begins Tuesday, September 2, 2014. Dismissal will be at 11:30 on both the 2nd and 3rd.
As we begin the 2014-2015 school year, we welcome our new pastor, Father Michael Maffeo and our new associate pastor, Father Hyacinth Jemigbola. We look forward to worshiping with them! We also welcome some new faces to our faculty: Mrs. Meghan Panagot (Nursery), Mrs. Stephanie Milcetic (Middle School Math, 6th grade homeroom teacher), Ms. Jillian Schneller (Spanish 4-8), Mrs. Kim Falco (Art), Ms. Kathleen O’Malley (Math Intervention/Algebra/Grade 5 Math) and Mr. Kevin Burke will teach Technology until Mrs. Moran returns to school in December.
Everyone has been working hard this summer to prepare the school for the student’s return. The projects in the school, which came about because of the parish capital campaign, are almost all complete.
1) A new, highly expanded State of the Art Wireless Network has been installed throughout the campus.
2) A new Computer Lab, with a new server has replaced the old one.
3) Two large screen TV’s have been installed. One is in the cafeteria and the other in the Holy Family room. Both will be used for Multi-Media Presentations.
4) Additional security cameras will be added to the hallways and stairwells.
5) The exterior doors of the school and the main interior doors of the school will be upgraded to provide greater security.
6) The Public Address System has been upgraded to a new digital one, that has been moved to a more convenient and secure location. New speakers have been installed in the classrooms and for the first time, a speaker has been added to the Gym.
7) The bathrooms on the 1st and 2nd floor have been refurbished. (The bathrooms in the cafeteria will be done next summer)
In addition, thanks to the generosity of PASE, we were able to expand our Chromebook project to both 6th and 7th grade, add a SMARTboard to our second PK classroom, and paint the hallways of the school.
One of the main goals of SEC this year is to improve communication between school and home. We will be making a concerted effort to inform parents and community members about all the great things that are happening within our walls. The use of technology will be key to assisting us in achieving this goal. The main vehicle we will be using to convey information to you is our school web page.
We hope you’ll be an active partner with us, whether you choose to join our school’s parent association, volunteer at the school, or take part in special events. Thank you for your investment in, and continued support of Catholic Education.
Mr. Vincent Albrecht Mrs. Pamela Sanders
Principal Assistant Principal